I love painting in watercolor, and the last few weeks I have been painting new designs in my sleep (or instead of sleep). Not sure what has gotten into me, perhaps the holidays approaching and wanting to create new designs for family, or maybe I was just missing my paintbrushes, but I am really enjoying it!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and being in the spirit, I painted and designed these "thankful" cards (with peonies, my favorite flowers). Of course, they can to be used year round, but I thought this week would be an appropriate time to blog about these. I will post more pieces that I have painted lately. Until then I wanted to list some things that I am thankful for in 2014 (not in any particular order):
1. My husband. He is probably (although I am biased) the best husband, father to our girls, and man I could have asked for to be my partner in life. I am very thankful for his friendship, support, love, and having him by my side through thick and thin.
2. My two daughters. I am not sure why God blessed me with these little angels (well, most of the time they are angels!) but I feel very thankful every day for them. I am not going to lie, things can get a little hairy having two toddlers ages 20 months and 32 months (yes, they are true Irish twins- exactly one year apart!). But... the minute I hear my two and a half old say "I love you" and my one and a half year old grins and hugs me, I completely forget about the trying times.
3. My mom. She is my best friend (other than my husband), my listening ear, my biggest supporter, and the best mom I could ever ask for. She teaches me how to be a better person, and although I am far from being as good of a person as she is... I learn from her wonderful example. She brings me down to earth and makes me see things for how they are. I don't know what I would do without her, and am always thankful for her friendship.
4. My dad. He is funny, hard working, and always someone I look up to for advise. I am thankful for his lightheartedness, loving our daughters, and being a great father to his five children and husband to my mom- it is inspirational these days to see two people still in love and married after 39 years.
5. My extended family. Both my husband and I have a wonderful set of siblings, nephews, new baby niece (just born a week ago!), in-laws, cousins, aunts, and uncles. We feel very blessed every day to have them in our lives.
6. My business & clients. I absolutely LOVE what I do. I could not do it without the support of my husband believing in me.... and also my wonderful clients. I am so passionate about working with people and making them happy with my designs.
7. God. If it were not for God, I would not have any of these wonderful things in my life to be thankful for. He has given me so much, and when I have a bad day, I take a step back and realize it is it is not nearly as bad as it could be because of all of these blessings that sometimes I tend to overlook.
8. My country. One of the biggest things that I feel very thankful for, and am hugely grateful for is being able to live in the United States and having the freedom to start my own business, be an independent woman, and have the luxuries that our country gives us. Many times I think about those who do not have these things, and I try to think about what I can do to help them, and hopefully soon I will be able to do something in Tickled Ink to help those in need.
Well, there it is. I am sure I am forgetting some of the other things I am thankful for, but in a nutshell I feel very blessed this year! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! If you want to purchase these "thankful" cards, they can be purchase on our Etsy shop or contact us ($12.50 for 10 with envelopes). Other quantities are available.